Re: [Harp-L] ORCHESTRE SYMPHONIQUE DE QUÉBEC-BONFIGLIO REVIEW

Translation  by: _AltaVista - Babel Fish  Translation_
(http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr)
The  concert of the OSQ, Wednesday, opened brilliantly on four dances of
Argentinian  Alberto Ginastera, of the parts which hold you in breath, full with
rate/rhythm  and fire, directed with a beautiful frankness and much of ease by
Stephan  Laforest. It was completed almost two hours and half later with
Huapango of the  Mexican Pablo Moncayo, a piece with the popular, naive and rather
monotonous  character. The orchestra made in vain, the sauce did not make pass
fish. Between  the two, it is the passage of the American Robert Bonfiglio, a
virtuoso of the  harmonica, which especially held the attention. Surprising
what a so tiny  instrument can offer like variety of attacks and stamps. That
goes from the play  felted out of silencing device until the ringing of bugle.
It is also noted that  the relation of the musician with the harmonica is very
intimate. One would say  almost his voice. It was necessary indeed to hear
the sonority of Bonfiglio in  the 3e movement of the Concerto of Villa-Lobos,
fresh like the song of a  blackbird at daybreak, and quite as elegant. There was
undulation in the course  of the program when, by seeing the orchestra
leaving the scene, the public  believed that one was with the pause. Actually, one
released the scene to make  place with the eight violoncellos which were going
to accompany the soloist in  the Air by the 5e Bachianas will brasileiras.
Result, half of the spectators had  already left when the chief came to announce
that there remained still a part to  be played. After this velvety piece,
Bonfiglio explained why being a player of  harmonica, his true musical roots
plunge rather in the ground of the blues. By  seeing it tackling a series of three
completely removed from rim recalls, one  understood that there remains proud
of its origins. After this charged with  electricity service, the second part
of the evening could appear rather equal,  not to say punt. It should be also
said that the concerts of the Classiques  series to crunch, commented on this
season by François Dompierre, tend to last  for ever. Only, the duration of
its interventions could have been taken into  account with the development of
the program. In more favorable circumstances,  the Variations of Ginastera, left
dish of resistance successively emphasizing  several instruments soloists and
various sections of the orchestra, would have  more struck imagination. One
can say of it as much the arrangement of Adios  Nonino de Piazzolla carried out
by Laforest and whose interpretation seemed to  me rather expeditious. To
come The next concert of the series, March 21, will  put in the high-speed
motorboat the Frontenac Trio, composed of the violonist  Darren Lowe, the
violoncellist Blair Lofgren and the pianist Suzanne Beaubien.  Let us announce that one
will be able to hear the same interpreters in concert  with the church St
Andrews, tomorrow to 8 p.m., in company of their colleague,  the altist François
Paradis, in a program Mozart, Brahms and Debussy. SYMPHONY  ORCHESTRA OF
QUEBEC. Direction: Stephan Laforest, leader. Soloist: Robert  Bonfiglio, harmonica.
Ginastera: Estancia, C$op 8a; Variaciones concerting,  C$op. 23. Villa-Lobos:
Concerto for harmonica; Bachianas will brasileiras No 5  (extracted).
Piazzolla: Adios Nonino (arr. of S. Laforest). Moncayo Garcia:  Huapango. Wednesday
evening in the Louis-Fréchette room of the Large Theatre of  Quebec.
http://robertbonfiglio.com/main

In a message dated 2/21/2007 10:57:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,