[Harp-L] James Cotton

I went last night and saw James Montgomery and James Cotton at the Hungry Tiger in Manchester, Ct.  James Montgomery did most of the talking for Mr. Cotton since his voice is still ravaged and rough.  Montgomery highly impressed me with his harp playing ability and singing. I learned he was a student of Cotton's when he was young and that they remained life long friends.  The highlight of the night was when Montgomery surprised James Cotton by inviting "A friend of Cotton's from his Muddy Water days" up to the stage.  So up walks Peter Tork and the entire band did a fantastic rendition of "Help Me".Hearing Cotton play acoustically was also a treat.  I am happy to have had the chance to see one of the legends in such a small venue.