RE: [Harp-L] Theory, etc. - history of positions

De Ford Bailey used both first and second positions. At the moment I'm
not where I could go through his Opry-era records and determine the
ratio, but the amount of first position is higher than you might
assume.

Stevie played a C chromatic in the key of E for Isn't She Lovely. I've
gone over that particular record at half-speed and transcribed it in
detail, including all the little slide movements. It's not an A
chromatic (second position) if that's what you're getting at.

Winslow