Re: [Harp-L] Soaking A Hohner Marine Band

I used to soak my MBs in Vodka. Now that I use spl-20s, I no longer do. ps the soak doesn't necessarily make the harp tight due to swelling. It's the water getting into the crevices. Water will also close down the tolerances of the reed/reed slot. The film of moisture coats the parts (for a while).
p.s. #2 beer isn't good for soaking, as beer is a sticky substance.
smo-joe