[Harp-L] Harp Choice was Steve Baker Specials

Sam,

I've read similar comments on harp choice relating to key and register. For me, I just play the harp that is appropriate for the key of the song, and to fill in the register that is not being covered by the singer, or the rest of the band.

In other words, if the singer is a tenor or soprano, I play more in the lower register, where the singer isn't filling that space musically. If the singers is in the lower register, I try to fill in with a higher register. I find I probably lead a bit more volume on my mic in the lower registers, and less in the mid and higher registers.

Sure, I find some things a bit easier in one key over another, but I try to get comfortable with all the keys, and find the strong parts of each harp I play. The "room to move" example is a good one, the song wouldn't have the same effect played on a low F#, but there I times when I want that low F# for the reasons cited above.

Just some thoughts,

Walter

Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more?.then map the best route! http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag1&FORM=MGAC01