Re: Re: [Harp-L] Nails in Combs

With the new Deluxe harmonicas, both the Marine Band Deluxe and the
Chromonica Deluxe, Hohner has now a complete line of harmonicas, in every
style, with screw assembly.
Nail assembly has its advantages, like better distributed pressure points,
and will continue to exist as long as the traditional Chromonica and Marine
Band harmonicas continue to be best sellers.
Steve Shaw also comments on the tremolo and octave harmonicas. New harmonica
designs also use screws instead of nails, like the new Tremolo 21 De Luxe.
We also have the Comet series which is screwed together. We do miss a Wender
double tremolo harmonica like the Echo Harp. Unfortunately, sales volume of
this line of harmonicas does not justify the investment in new tools and
processes for the replacement of nails.
Cheers,
Fernando