[Harp-L] NY Harp Sightings

I had a fun gig last night in NY, one of my songwriting heroes from New
Orleans Allen Toussaint stopped by and caught our show and I had a chance to
chat a bit with him and thank him for all the great music.

A funny thing happened, the stage was a bit crowded and I had my wireless
AKGsm40 rig so I wouldn't be tripping over my wires. In tribute to
Toussaint, I called one of his tunes:
"What do you want the Girl to Do?.....after a verse or so, my harp mic got
knocked off my music stand and i didn't notice it at first but the lil' AAA
battery popped out and police CB signal started coming thru my amp during
the verse!!!!%^&*()

Well anyway, I figured it out pretty quick and turned off the unit til I
could replace the battery.....!!!,-))...I made a quick joke after the song
and asked Allen if he'd ever heard that version of his song with Police
Dialog rap inserted!,-)

Two really great harp players came to the show as well, I was thrilled to
have the great Lee Oskar and Richard Hunter down so I had Lee up to play on
an instrumental version of:
"Love the one Your with" Stephen Stills ala King Curtis' version.....he
played his booty off!

Then we did a funk blues and I had Hunter up to play WITH Lee so I was in
heaven and hopefully able to 'steal' great licks if I can remember them this
morning before I start to practice!! Boy these two guys played SO great
their musicality is first class and they kept it very soulful...bravo guys
and THANX for makin' it to my gig in NYC.

I was dissappointed tho as I wanted SO to make Charlie Leighton's  tues
afternoon jam, well, there's always NEXT tuesday!

Love & Peace,
Rob Paparozzi

Check My Dates & Tunes and stuff!:
www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats