Re: [Harp-L] Help

On Jan 2, 2007, at 9:36 PM, Splash wrote

First I vote for Biscuit to STAY!

I see no reason for Biscuit to leave. I was just getting interested.

And a reply to JC

I wasn't particularly enamoured of the F either.

I have NEVER had an F that played well. I have had maybe as many as 2 of each key in my time and probably 6-7 Fs. I currently have 2 and neither is very good. I 'thought' the reeds were too short BUT my hi F# & G play fine. Of course THEY are the only Golden Melodies. I think F harps might be possessed.

That's till it disappeared along with the D.

Then I got a $2 chinese piece of crap F that's so badly out of tune and
horrendously difficult to play, it actually hurts. And that makes losing my
SP20 F harp even worse cuz now there are several tunes I want to play in C
second position. Rats!

If a diatonic doesn't coat at least $18.87 (at discount), it isn't worth buying.

smo-joe

Yeah, I have a new-found respect for the squeaky little F thing.

And me-thinks that Chinese PoC "F" is about to get surgically practiced
upon.

PEACE
Scott
Believe in Magic!