[Harp-L] Re: Sonny Jr amps

For all those thinking they will buy a 410 someday, I have 18 left, and may
discontinue this great and pure reproduction of your individual abilities
after  they are gone. To all my customers, I have made amends with my guitar
player who  plays Robert Johnson style and all styles, currently with Honey Boy
Edwards,  James Cotton and was going to tour with Robert Lockwood before he
passes. Due to  none of the greats giving me their mailing list, I was hoping a
customer with  incentive and ability to drum up harp players , at least 20 - 60,
for a full  seminar. Two hours of breaking down Sonny Terry's style, I am the
ONLY person  Sonny sat with for two years and played 3-4 harp duets with, then
I will tell  all I know about taming a bassman or any other amps, full amp
seminar, then  Rocky Lawrence and I will put on a traditional show for 90
minutes. I have  beginning stage cirrhosis, a titanium knee, will need another, so
to get this  information straight from the horses mouth could be a one time
thing in your  life. Please email me off list if you have interest, you will be
compensated for  your efforts. I will have to crunch numbers to see how much to
charge,  everyone should bring an A harp, I am not a jam camp, but will show
how he was  able to do his rhythms without running out of air, and how to
voice them.  Everyone does ticky ticky Mayall type playing when they try Sonny's
style. I  will concentrate on the man himself, and focus the key things he did
to be the  greatest solo and accompanist in that style to ever live. As for
the midsized  amp, I will be finished with my testing in two weeks. It will be
cashier's  check or money order only, so start saving, I am pulling out all the
stops  on this one, from tricks I learned from legendary cabinet maker Sam
Hutton  to getting the most out a 20 x 19 and 45 pound amp. It will have a line
out and  my custom crystal mic hot input. I never cared about ear splitting
loud,  that is not the blues. Dynamics, real good volume as you are going to mic
it  probably anyway, that is the ticket. Rocky has the coolest picture taken
by  Big Bill Broonzy of Elmore James, Sonny Boy Williamson, Thomas Mckeenan,
and Little Walter walking abreast down the street in their suits. I  would
recommend anyone to buy their custom harps from Joe Spiers, who I worked  with
from the onset, he was relentless in his quest, my harps play  like butter with
that juicy sound. I can play as lightly as I need for  Sonny's style or play
Big Walter and rattle some notes if I feel like it.  Thanks Joe, I am getting
ready to hit the road. Once I get enough interest  I will post the event on my
website, sonnyjr.com     -  It was expenses like credit cards and many other
things that are  forcing me out, so the seminars will be cashier's check or
money order to be put  away in eskrow until the event. Rocky and I hope to put
out a CD, I will use two  of Sonny Terry and my duets on it. I have a good
recording of a lesson he was  giving me that I need to find in the over 40 live
recordings I have of them. The  time is right, I have no job, so I was meant to
pay my dues 10x over to be able  to play live again. Let's hear from  you.