From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Christopher B
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 10:52 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Microphone Cable

Hi All
     In a normal cable used with 1/4" jacks do I have to use the usual
cable that is used for this? Or can I use the sort of cable used with
XLR connectors?
XLR has two wires down the centre, if I attach one to the tip connector
and the other to the barrel connector, do the copper sheild wires need
to be grounded?
Would there be any advantage to this? Better shielding maybe?

Have a Nice Life
  Christopher