[Harp-L] Re:MARS Contest/What constitutes a PRO

Thought I'd weigh in since I am not even close to a pro.  I will be playing for free locally and cutting a few tracks with some buddies for garage band. Right now, at 42 it is about having some fun.  Now I have read the entire debate, both here and Buddhagroove and I have only one conclusion without knowing anything about the personality of the major players involved.  Why, in God's name, would someone in their (guessing mid-late 50's) be bringing up something from  7 years ago regarding a contest in which a young, unknown won to help propel his career.  Again I don't know Jason, nor Iceman.  If he music business is this petty and cutthroat, I'd rather play for free forever.  Rob (Irishharpman)