[Harp-L] Re: Sugar Ray Norcia

Sugar and his regular Bluetones played at Blackeye Sally's in Hartford last
night, he was hot. He always tells me how his 410 allows him to go to places
he  hasn't ventured because he trusts it will give him the response he needs. I
 brought he Cruncher down for him to blow some notes, rather than just my
ears, I  want to hear it out of another pro player. It hopped and was just raw
sounding.  I love their shows, they don't play enough IMO. I sat in and did
Cloud Cover  with him, starting the line together in third pos., letting himm solo
in 3rd and  I took my solo in first position. What a blast. SR is one of THE
most underrated  blues harp players out there. His attach and style is quite
similar to Kim's,  although Ray was learning from Big Walter while Kim, Rod an
Clarke were hunting  down George Smith. Check him out if you see him around. I
got some interesting  information from a 30 year pro who happened to see Rod
in Georgia, of course  with his two Harpkings, so he looked in the back, and
Rod had a Tube Screamer  bolted to the bottom of the amp. Bad enough you have
to play two of those  monsters. I still love my Boss RV5, instead of wah wah
pedals, I have these  things called bear paws for hands. That's as far as I will
go. It was an  honor and a pleasure to be asked to play by Ray