[Harp-L] Re: Lee Oskar or Hohner?

As you can see from the responses that precede this one, you will find a variance of opinion on this... and that's as it should be. <shrug> Obviously there can't be a "correct" answer, or they wouldn't both still be in business.

For myself, I prefer Hohner SP20's because the Oskars can sound thin, toppy and somewhat shrill on the high end. Having said that, however, I give Oskar credit for building a long-lasting (perhaps even longer lasting than the SP20), airtight, thoroughly professional product.

And there will be some who, reading this post, will swear that a warm tone can only be gotten by Marine Bands, using the exact same criticism of SP20's that I just gave about LO's.

I'd say just try all three and see what you like.

--TB