Re: [Harp-L] G.M. - skrews or nails

Jóhannes Jónsson wrote:
> I´d like to ask however, if there are any arguments for the nails.
> It´s less convenient of course when it comes to maintainance but
> does it have any assets I might not know of?

I'd guess from a manufacturing point of view that nails are cheaper and
simpler.  This doesn't justify, in my opinion, in an instrument you
expect professionals to use, like the Golden Melody or Special 20 or
even the Marine Band, although solving the problem of how to attach to
an undrilled wood comb is more complicated.  To their credit, Hohner
has phased out the use of nails on the plastic combed models, and as
you suggest, retrofitting to screws is not too hard.

-tim