Re: [Harp-L] Bassman (And Other Amps) Mods by Ron Holmes

In a message dated 1/27/2007 11:48:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
raybeltran@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The  reissues can actually sound good. Even the trashy âHot Rod
Deluxesâ,  Blues juniors, and so on can sound good following the basic
outline  I give. I loved doing the mod work and really enjoyed making
the  amps come alive-but couldnât reach critical mass to earn a living
at  it. So, the new stuff will have to pay the  bills.

So it wasn't just me and my ear  that didn't like the Hot Rod Deluxe, I got
rid of mine. I have a buddy in  Lexington Kentucky that works on tube amps
maybe I can get him to hot rod  something for me using this procedure. I don't
have the money I used  to have so I gotta start with something inexpensive. Has
anybody tried a Pierce  electronic head with a tube driver. I can get a Pierce
on debt owed me. I liked  it for guitar but never tried it for harp. I want to
end up with a  good tube amp though, I just need something now.
          Randy