[Harp-L] Rick Estrin show

Saw Little Charlie and the Nightcats last night in an outdoor blues festival. As always, Estrin is great. His Harp King sounds great. He was playing through a bullet, JT-30 type mic into either a preamp or delay or something. Whatever it was, it was really good.
Talked with him for a bit afterward, just general conversation. He's very approachable, at least for harp players.
Charlie Baty was great, too, of course. And since I just ordered myself a new upright bass (which I won't get until September), I was interested in the bass playing too.
It's good to see and hear someone again in person who can play like Estrin. More motiviation for me.
And, in keeping with all the recent posts about plagiarism, i must mention that I have never been able to copy anything note-for-note. I just have to play what comes out, which might sometimes be a rough approximation of real music.
Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
a fool for the harp in Minnesota