[Harp-L] plagiarism

From: <jaguire@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 4:32 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: plagiarism

well,  although i may have missed it, i still haven't heard who the
harmonica player was who supposedly ripped of some (sic) odbg solos or
whom
he ripped off, and which (original) song it was, ...that would be juicy
and
interesting info instead of all this candya##  beating around the bush.
having said that, the ripper ( as opossed to the ripee) may have a
perfectly
acceptible explanation or excuse but does not currently have an
opportunity
to defend himself.....just one man's opinion.

cletus white

No defense is needed by someone.who has not been singled out by name. This artist is a skilled harp player who deserves a measure of respect for getting out there as a professional musician and exposing people to good harmonica playing, pilfered or not. Plus I'm afraid the tempurature here would go way, way up if I named this person. I would inevitebly be accused of an ad hominem attack, and the fallout from all that would generate more heat than light. So out of respect also for the listowners, who would have to manage the likely mess, I decline.

At this point this topic is exhasuted from my point of view-it seems all the salient viewpoints have been expressed by now. Shall we move on, then?

-Glenn