Re: [Harp-L] SPAH money maker continued

Matt -

What you don't paint is the full picture of what it might cost for a
vendor to be present and visible at SPAH. Is a sponsor anyone who falls
in that category or only those who want a special status as sponsors?

Have you explored with SPAH options besides so-called "sponsor" status
for you to be present and selling, displaying, or otherwise
representing a product?

SPAH is not some greedy cash monster. Their finances were hit pretty
hard in the last ten years, partly as the result of a nuisance lawsuit
that was finally thrown out of court. Nobody's getting rich or even, as
far as I know, drawing a salary. It's a volunteer organization that
puts on an annual (inter)national event, puts out a newsletter, and
keeps this list afloat financially. Sponsor fees are one way to do
that. I do agree with you that there should be a way for small
harmonica-related vendors to participate without paying such large
fees. It certainly has been possible in the past.

Winslow