Re: [Harp-L] Vendor Fees at SPAH

Paul Davies wrote:
"The vendor fees at the convention are $200 for a table.
<snip>
Our sponorship (sic) program is either $1000 or $5000 "

And Vince Meghrouni also wrote suggesting tiered sponsorship levels.
---------------------

I am not associated with SPAH other than as a member and occasional
convention attendee.  But I think this is exactly what Paul was describing.
You can get a table for $200.  Or if you are a "big" corporation you can be
a convention sponsor for more bucks.  I view that as corporate underwriting
of the convention and probably a business expense they can write off.  Good
for them, and I greatly appreciate their support of the SPAH convention, but
there is and has been in the past room for others.

I think last year there were four or five "sponsors", but there were
certainly at least a few other vendors there, as it has been at past
conventions.

So, Matt, I greatly encourage you to attend as a vendor, if not as an
official "sponsor" with all the rights and privileges that the few $k that
gets you, then as just a regular vendor.  For only a few benjamins that gets
you a table (that needs to be manned a good portion of the time!), or as
just an informal vendor.  Just walking around talking to folks, handing out
cards, and being available to show your cases in a corner is cool too.
There always seems to be a table with a bunch of biz cards lying around for
various things harp-related.

As an attendee, it is great to see a lot of stuff in one place - one reason
I try to attend - whether it's there from an "official" sponsor, or in the
SPAH store, or at a non-sponsor's table, or just button-hole-ing people in
the lobby, the more the merrier.  So try to get there if you can.  I'd like
to check out one of your cases and might even get one (if you take plastic).

Fred S