[Harp-L] comb design/structure

In a message dated 7/5/2007 10:05:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  marc writes:

>Is this a manufacturing issues w/ plastics vs. wood? Are there  plastic
combs that do not have such a bar? >Are there wood combs that do  have this bar?

Marc, in my limit experience with different brands, i have never seen the
bar on a wood harp.  I suspect that it's strictly part of the  plastic molding
process.  But in answer to your second question, i  believe i have seen plastic
combed Hering diatonics that do not have that bar  across the slots.
ron