[Harp-L] Alfred Hirsch vs Pat Missin

Miguel Weissman <harpburn2@xxxxxxxxx said:

Alfred Hirsch young lion/new directions, diminished tuned harmonica ... a truly
unique harp play with an eye to the future!

www.myspace.com/alfredhirsch

http://www.alfredhirsch.com/en/

I say:

Pat Missin old fart, any tuning his heart desires ... a truly unique harp
player that can write and play dual reed stuff that you would swear was from
some old forgotten instrument out of the past rather than a guy with a
harmonica.

http://www.patmissin.com/audio/harewoodpark.mp3

http://patmissin.com/uncommon/uncommon04.html

http://patmissin.com/uncommon/uncommon12.html

I couldn't help but make this post.  I recall about a month ago there was some interest expressed about drones.  I don't know who influenced who first, but check out Pat's work.  I've herd of Alfred Hirsch too and I love his work also if you are wondering.  Then again, I hate his harmonica.  It is very hard to tune and play.  I can't do drones either.  If you can play like either of these guys post it.