Re: [Harp-L] Composite wood combs

What kind of wood composite is it? If it's the sort of
resin-impregnated plywood used for gun stock and knife handles as used
by Filisko (Dymondwood), then chances are it will be OK with alcohol.
But you might want to check the websites of the manufacturers for more
specific information.

If you're buying the harps from Kinya himself, they will have been
thoroughly cleaned. Kinya is absolutely fastidious in such matters, as
he is in all aspects of working on harmonicas. And you could contact
him for advice as well. I don't have an email address at hand, but you
could probably reach him through harmonicaessions.com, where he is the
columnist for harmonica maintenance and customization.

Winslow