Re: [Harp-L] Amplified Chromatic: Thumb or Finger?

A picture is worth a thousand words...

http://www.myspace.com/gutpuppet

Click on "pics"

Third photo from the left, caption:

"In-store performance @ Poobah Records"

For those not willing to go through all that, he uses the index finger on the slide.

I would recommend going through all that, though, because along the way you can check out some gutpuppet tunes on the myspace page, and they kick some major booty.

And when it comes to harmonica tone and/or technique (and musicality, artistry, etc., etc.,) for my money you simply cannot go wrong emulating Bill Barrett.