Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Subject: The Last Waltz/Muddy Waters, Paul Butterfield

Correction:  I just remembered that the song Muddy and Paul  Butterfield
played together in its entirety was "Hoochie-Coochie  Man".....because I kept
thinking of Buzz Krantz during it ;)

...Muddy also does "Mannish Boy" in the film.

Eliz

"Message: 10
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 08:05:54 EDT
From:  EGS1217@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Subject: The Last Waltz/Muddy Waters,  Paul
Butterfield
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

I'm sure this has been discussed here before my time,  but I saw The  Last
Waltz for the first time in its entirety a couple  of days ago on  Flix.  The
1978
movie featuring the 1976 final  tour of Robbie Robertson's  The Band ....with
their guests.  So  many fabulous musical moments...some  interesting
harmonica
work (yes,  even by Neil Young and Bob Dylan) ...but what  really stood out
was
Muddy Waters being backed up by Paul Butterfield.  In  living  colour,
instead
of old black/white youtube videos...performing the  entire  song of "Mannish
Boy".

The video's worth getting for  that performance alone, as well  as Robbie
Robertson's reminiscence of  their last meeting with Sonny Boy  Williamson
shortly
before his  death.  Directed by Martin  Scorsese.  Incredibly  good.

Elizabeth"