[Harp-L] Harmonica in Hong Kong

Hey all,

I've been here in Hong Kong for about 10 days, having a blast! I already landed a couple of paying gigs and have been playing at the the jam sessions almost every night. What a contrast since I was last here, and didn't heed advice to hit the jam sessions.....

The fine players of the King's Harmonica Quintet are in top shape, I sat in on a rehearsal last week and will hopefully see them again before I leave. They're doing a lot to promote "the cause" here: http://home.netvigator.com/~cblau/khq/index.html

There's alot of very talented musicians here!

A lot of people are talking about a chromatic player who lived here, they say he is excellent: Dave Packer. Does anyone know who he is? Apparently he got burnt out here and moved to Paris, although he's originally a brit? I googled his name and couldn't find much. I've heard he plays piano very well and is a good arranger.

Anyone know this guy?

Damien Masterson http://www.damienmasterson.com or enter my name in any search engine http://www.myspace.com/damienmastersonmusic http://cdbaby.com/all/damienzm 415 305 7138 dzm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Damien Endorses Hohner Harmonicas and Audix Microphones