Re: [Harp-L] Link to Steven Tyler harmonica article

Hello all.

We from Hohner are happy to be able to provide Steven Tyler with a
harmonica to his liking. I have met him and even jammed a bit with him
in the backstage of Aerosmith's concert in Karlsruhe a few weeks back.
Steven is a really nice guy, very passionate about the harmonica, and
knows what he is doing. He has clearly drawn from the same sources
that we consider important here on Harp-L. He is not the best player
around, but surely does the harmonica more justice than many big name
artists like Alanis or, IMHO, even Bob.
Aerosmith is probably the bestselling American hard rock band of all
times, and every time Steven plays a harmonica live, on video or on
CD, people are influenced in a positive way. I couldn't think of my
own teen parties without Aerosmith on the stereo. I sure had a great
time at the concert.
A nice video to watch is "Pink", where Steven starts with a good
harmonica solo and a Hohner Blues Harp is clearly displayed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLRLhV9U0kQ
Hohner does have several extremely talented and dedicated harmonica
players as endorsers or partners. The best play Hohner, the best
customizers work on Hohner harmonicas. But it is also very positive
for the brand to be connected with high profile artists like Steven
Tyler or Aerosmith.
Now about the harmonica. It is intended to be sold during Aerosmith
concerts and on their fan web page. It will surely be a great souvenir
for concert goers and people will have the opportunity to buy a
harmonica for learning while they are still thrilled by the 3 or 4
songs per concert where it is played. Let's hope that more people
start playing the instrument if it is available directly at the
concerts.
It is an MS System harmonica, with Doussié wood comb, thick 1,05 mm
plated reed plates and smooth black laser engraved covers without side
vents. It looks quite neat, and fits the peculiar taste of Steven
Tyler (take a look at the deliciously extravagant box in the video).
A Hohner Steven Tyler web page will be up as soon as the rights for
the pictures are managed, which can take a while.

All the best,
Fernando