Re: [Harp-L] godd or bad haprs?

In a message dated 7/11/2007 8:38:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hard" vs  "Soft" is a style or approach, not a
"Right or Wrong" technique.....I push  a lot of air thru mine at times as
well....sometimes those lil' buggers  just wanna be spanked!!!,-)

Do you blow out a harmonica after a few songs, too, as did the original
poster? Does Steve Guyger go through numerous harmonicas every performance? I
didn't think so, but I could be wrong, never having directly asked this question
of Rob P., Steve G. or fjm. (By the way, this email is asking that direct
question to Rob P and fjm).

My feeling and educational approach is, if you ruin a harmonica after a few
songs, you are using too much force. Much more is to be gained in control,
tone,  range of emotion and faster learning if you breathe the harmonica. Blowing
is  for birthday candles. Sucking is for that last piece of spaghetti.
Drawing is  for visual artists or those dipping buckets into wells and lakes for
water.

The Iceman