Re: [Harp-L] Link to Steven Tyler harmonica article

This is fair enough comment. I haven't hear Tyler, but manufacturing is
a business, and this topic certainly relates to past discussions about
the popularising of harmonica, its visibility (OK, audibility) in the
media etc.
I recall back in the late 60s here in Oz, the local street rag
('Go-Set') ran a poll on who readers felt was the best guitar player.
The result? Elvis Presley!
The question of who did more for the guitar out of  Elvis presley or,
say, Charlie Christian is probably a waste of time, the two both
representing important aspects of the establishment and development of
the instrument and it's use and repertoire.
RD

>>> <BiscuitBoy714@xxxxxxx> 12/07/2007 4:05:54 >>>

This has probably  been said already, I'm behind on my Emails, but I
gotta
say this. Steve  Tyler is the singer for Aerosmith and he's a pretty
good harp
player. He's a lot  better than Jagger, who by the way he was compared
to a lot
when he first came  out. This is kind of spooky for me 'cause I swear I
was
going to post  something about him yesterday. I learned a few chops
listening
to him.  The harp lead in Woman Of The World has a lick in it I still
use  and
I learned that in 74. I got hired with a band in 76 by playing the lead
Big Ten Inch. The first 3 Aerosmith albums had a pretty good amount of
harmonica
 on it, I mean it wasn't Magic Dick but it was pretty good. I think he
did a
good  job of putting the harp in Rock music.
        Randy

In a message dated 7/10/2007 8:24:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,