Re: [Harp-L] Re: Bushman Delta Frost harps

Well, AFAIK (own observations + reliable sources) Bushman had its harmonicas
manufactured by two harmonica factories, as they are a reseller of
instruments, not a manufacturer.

The Soul's Voice has been manufactured by Seydel. At least in the beginning.
By comparing earlier Seydel harmonica models (or Weltmeister, fwiw) this was
very clear. People have also reported on getting Bushman harmonicas with the
Seydel lettering on the combs, or the other way around. I have also seen
Bushman part in the factory during a tour in 2005, when John Hall was also
present at the Klingenthal harmonica festival. I also believe that the
cooperation with Seydel has ended a couple of years ago, so that might be a
reason why Bushman isn't promoting the Soul's Voice actively anymore. Ben
can surely set the facts straight here.

The Delta Frost came out **after** the Suzuki Harpmaster. That makes only
sense. Bushman sought a supplier who wouldn't have to invest in too many
tools to make his harmonicas and therefore based his on an existing model.
As a reseller, this makes only sense.

All in all, since this is a repackaging and marketing action, and not really
product development, it does not make sense to state that someone copied
someone. Repackaging OEM products for specific markets is a genuine value
adding business model, and tehre should be no problem with that. I am also
sure that John Hall gets lots of feedback from his customers and that this
feedback is then supplied to the manufacturers, to produce the harmonicas
according to John's ideas.

All the best from Trossingen,
Fernando