[Harp-L] Charlie McCoy's brand (was Link to Steven Tyler harmonica article)

In a message dated 7/12/2007 3:16:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Some harps have dumb names anyway.  Golden Melody is cute, Marine Band is
nostalgic, but I will wait for the  name special-20 to change to the Charley
McCoy.

  In an interview i read many years ago, Charlie said he used  Marine Bands
and Hohner Old Standbys, which was a less expensive version of  an MB.  I used
to have one, and iirc, it's covers were different and made  of a lighter gauge
material.  Other than that, I think they were the  same.
  Interestingly, in that interview, when asked how he decides which  harp to
buy, he said something like before the purchase he plays every harp  in the
store.
  Out of curiosity, what kind of harps does Charlie McCoy use  nowadays?
What kind of harps was he using when he played at Iceman's last  harp blast in
Florida, USA?
ron