[Harp-L] Seydel 1847 Stainless

In a message dated 7/15/2007 11:23:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight  Time, Roger
writes:

Has anyone any playing experience with the Seydel 1847...with stainless
steel reeds. I'm curious about tone characteristics ( in comparison to Bushman
Delta Frost, Special 20's, Suzuki Promaster, Marine Band ) bending, arpeggios,
vibrato, volume, .

Roger, of the above brands, I'm only familiar with SP20  and MB's, and also
LO's.  But tonally the 1847 is quite like those  two harps, imo.  I've never
noticed a difference in these 3 brands  re bending, arpeggios, or vibrato.  I
can't say that i've noticed a  difference in volume either.
  But a few months back i wrote an extensive review  of my 1847 and titled my
post, "More than you wanted to know about my  Seyel 1847", or somesuch.   If
u read it, note that I DID neglect to  mention that it has no numbered holes,
which is a problem for some but not at  all for me.  I use big labels on the
top of the harp and that tells me  immediately which end is up.   A correction
to what i wrote  about the Just Intonation tuning is that it is said to be a
compromise tuning  (nice sounding chords).  Everything else that u ask is
pretty much  covered.  If u can't find the post in the archive, let me know and
i'll  give u my opinion again (but shorter this time).

ron