[Harp-L] Harmonica recording / Audio Interface

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone from the list uses audio interface / sound cards with the laptop - something like M-Audio units or Digidesign  Mbox, etc. My plans are to do several CD projects (language course, harmonica instruction and other) and then bring recorded audio material to professional studio and have them mix and master my projects. I think of Mbox 2 as it works directly with Pro Tools - standard pro studio software - though would like to ask around first.

Another alternative might be getting Zoom H4 and then exporting files to some of the pro DAWs for processing.

I won't need more than two tracks recorded simultaneously. Though I'd like to use stereo pair of mics.

The ultimate goal is (1) to have some recording device handy so that it's comfortable to work at home when ideas come to mind and it's comfortable (without pressure experienced in the studio) and (2) semi-pro audio quality for studio finalization (I know that studio quality can be achieved only in studio).

Any ideas, thoughts are welcome. I researched podcasting forums, Musiciansfriend, Zzounds, and other dedicated audio web sources, though I believe it's worth asking community I'm 'virtually' living in. Thank you.

Best,

Alex