[Harp-L] Subject: Re: Video re bacteria on cellphones/ Harp? handwashing at Conventions

Not sure I get your point?

I wrote this part:

"I   couldn't
help but extrapolate cell phone usage to the  points made in this  video
In many cases, cell phones have more bacteria  on them than a toilet seat
(according to scientists who study  bacteria)."

_iceman@xxxxxxxx (mailto:iceman@xxxxxxx)   added this:

... "It's not a good idea to share  cell
phones - you'll be  "immune" to your own bacteria but susceptible to
other's."

....but I don't see why if one takes the extra step of keeping it clean, a
cell phone would be all that different from a home  phone commonly used by
several family members since their  invention - and/or a public phone (not that
I'd ever have one of those  close enough to my mouth to transfer germs)?

It's been common knowledge for some time now that home  phones require
regular disinfecting, and hand washing to prevent  contamination in the first place.
 People basically need to  expand that thinking to include their cell phones
and any others they may use,  as well as their harmonicas (and it wouldn't
hurt to wipe off shared microphones  periodically as well).

Elizabeth