[Harp-L] Soaking Harps...

I had no idea that my post would start such a thread! Makes me wanna soak my
head! Many of the greats that we all love and enjoy just take stock harps
out of the box and blow the socks off all the "rocket scientists" with
theories and routines. Phil Wiggins comes to mind. Tolerances, he don't care
about no stinkin tolerances he just fills all gaps with "magic breath" :-)
Now don't get me wrong, I love my custom harps and I do tweek my stock harps
as best I can but the bottom line will always be to "JUST BLOW" The more you
blow the better you will sound. I just get worried that the newbies &
beginners that come to find harp-l and see threads like this will get too
concerned with what's under the hood than just driving the car. Drive,
drive, drive, blow, blow, blow that's the way to make the brass reeds go!

WB