Re: [Harp-L] Re: harman's rig

i have not seen james harman use vibrosonics but i have seen him with some very rare vibroverbs that sounded really good. james got ripped off a couple years ago for alot of valuable stuff. hopefully the punks didnt get his vibroverbs. i do have a pre amp/processor that james built for me back in the 90's. if anyone's interested it's for sale.

SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx wrote:  You can't . I spent an entire seminar as guest artist with James in Calif
for Dave Barrett. He talks about his homemade processor, that he only uses
with his vibrosonics, but that is the extent of what you will get out of him. He
always is using one of my SJ 410's when on the road. First of all, nothing
sounds like an original Vibro, and not everyone will get a good sound out of
them. Same as Wilson playing a brown Pro, He could drive it to distortion,
everyone else will sound harsh. James H. is a very tasty player, not as strong
as Clarke, Wilson, Gary Smith, but certainly is a great
entertainer,songwriter, and player with his own unique sound.. This is like looking at the settings
of Magic Dick's twin and going and buying a twin to set it up the same way,
thinking you will sound like him. James creates his own sound, a processor
like he has will not make you sound anything close to him, I believe he owns 3
at least of the very rare, and expensive, original vibrosonics. Attempts to
reissue them have been awful, maybe guitar players like them.