Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Chromatic valves

Thanks for the advice Elizabeth.

On 22 Jul 2007, at 09:23, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Paul:

This seems to be a fairly common occurrence with Hering chromatics, actually. It was true also with the Hering 64 I bought last Spring, rendering it almost unplayable... and when I raised the question on Slidemeister, the consensus seems to be that Herings are well known for buzzing windsavers. ...I think one option would be to replace them, perhaps with the ultrasuede everyone talks about as a material for half-valving diatonics as well as chroms...because I have heard that, unlike Hohner, very few people have obtained satisfaction trying to have their Herings serviced from the Manufacturer...though I haven't attempted to, so can't speak to it personally.

One of the contributors to the other site...Zong Liang, suggested making tiny pinholes in the ends of the valves to let moisture evaporate...the solution if dampness is the problem, but might not help if they're curling from cold.

Elizabeth

"I have a 16 hole Hering chromatic, that since I have had it has
always had buzzing valves / windsavers. It stays like this until it's
really warm.
Is this normal?
None of my other Hering / Hohner chromatics do this.
Is there an easy way to fix the problem?

Paul
www.kingleyharp.co.uk"

www.kingleyharp.co.uk