Re: [Harp-L] Overdraws

Overblows & overdraws? I'm just about ready to break down and order a
very expensive custom harp from someone or other.
After nearly thirty years of messing around with these techniques I now
use them with increasing regularity. I have got gradually better at
customising but I'm a long way off being able to produce something that
works anywhere near as well as I would like. Maybe I'm just too clumsy.
I have to watch the pennies pretty carefully in my situation, so I
don't spend too easily.
I'm really looking for any advice I can get. I've tried adjusting the
reed offset, embossing, tip scooping, all with varying degrees of
success.
I don't think I 'get' the reed curvature thing yet, for one thing.
Do the DVDs by Rupert Oysler cover setup for overbending adequately?
The big thing that's really driving me nuts at the moment is getting a
really quick, clean major arpeggio with draw 3 as the root (ie that's B
major on a C harp)
I can get it most easily descending; ascending is a real cow. I can
'feel' why this is, but I won't try to put it into words here.
For me that arpeggio is a 'must have' as it means I can play an 'I got
rhythm' style bridge in second position without swapping harps. That
kind of bridge (ie B7, E7, A7, D7 or sometimes  with the E as a minor)
is all over the sort of tunes I like playing.
Any advice gratefully received.
RD