[Harp-L] Harmonica cutting contest at SPAH

Sorry if I came down hard, Phil. If it's a friendly and low key affair you had in mind, I certainly wouldn't call it a cutting contest. Those two words have an established meaning, and it's anything but friendly and low key. But even putting the label aside, my personal belief is that a formal competition would go against the spirit of SPAH. If it were simply a matter of letting the audience form its own opinion about the performances I would have no reservations, but you proposed having judges, who would presumably declare winners (and, by necessary implication, losers). I do not fault you at all for raising the idea - this forum is all about open discussion. I just think it's a bad one.

George

p.s. Smo-Joe is just in favor of the idea because he'd win.