Re: [Harp-L] Gerorgia

You are referring to "Georgia on my mind..."? Mickey Rapahel plays a
very pretty solo on Willie Nelson's version and does a little bit of
accompaniment as well towards the end of the song.

- Aki

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "James" <wasabileo@...> wrote:

> Has anyone played this or even better accompanied anyone who played
it. I sat in with a friend Murali Coryell www.muralicoryell.com at a
local pub restaurant. It was the last song and we just finished a set
that inclued Willie Dixon Jimmy Reed tunes. It was the last tune
before closing  But going through the changes. It was in G and I was
using a C Golden Melody and I found myself attempting overblows and
overdraws to get the notes to go along with the chording and I am
embarrassed to say. I can't even describe what I did but it worked
(sort of)
> it was late 11:00 pm most of the folks were the loyal followers and
those trying to make time with the ladies.
> I would appreciate anyones comments suggestions and experiences. It
is a great song and Its great when you can get past the I IV V changes
to something more melodic