Re: [Harp-L] Gunslingers? Where? Should I duck?

I dunno, Larry. My recent experience at SPAH doesn't support your
predictions.

The acoustic blues jam is very supportive atmosphere. Buzz does not
tolerate negative attitude or disruptive behavior and it is extremely
rare that he is required to do anything about it - the congenial
atmosphere is self sustaining.

The Monday night blowoff does not tend to exhibit anything beyond
normal performer ego. There's bound to be garden-variety tension and
anxiety around a one-off, multi-performer show in front of peers. But
that's not the same as gunslinger attitude. That word, to me and I
think to you, indicates something more like the
out-to-utterly-crush-the-other-guy form of competitive jockeying. Not
the same as worrying where you are in the evening's lineup and whether
you'll get enough rehearsal or a soundcheck.

Could it be that extolling the glorious past of your involvement while
making negative and purely speculative comments on upcoming events not
of your involvement is itself a form of gunslinging?

Winslow