RE: [Harp-L] Hammond B3 sounds

I have an Electro Harmonix HOG (harmonic octave generator) that comes close to organ tones. It is also a good pitch generator.

Regards, Blunt
Banker by day, Bluesman by night

From: "Ken Ficara" <kenficara@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Hammond B3 sounds
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:43:39 -0400

I saw Paco Shipp play with Billy Joe Shaver the other night -- great harp
player with a wide range of styles. On a few songs he was using an effects
unit to get a sound that really came close to a Hammond B3. He's got great
tone and vibrato, so that helped, but any thoughts on what effects might
produce that sound? Something like a combination of octave and chorus? I
noticed he was being VERY careful to only hit single notes so I suspected an
octave doubler in there somewhere but I really liked that sound.

ken

--
Ken Ficara
kenficara@xxxxxxxxx