Re: [Harp-L] Stax Records story on PBS

Hi Phil,

   Thanx for posting the info on the PBS Stax Documentary...I wish I could
be home to watch it but I'll be in Europe til 8/6.

I know Stax didn't have much "Harp" involvement...but Pops Staples managed
to cool Tunes Like: "I'll take You There" and also they did some singles of
Eddie Kirkland who released a few Harp Instrumentals for the Label back in
the 60's.

I just played last week in Italy for The Poretta Soul Festival and got to
play "Mustang Sally" with the man who wrote it and he also told me he penned
"Respect Yourself", his name is Sir Mack Rice and he was a total gentleman.
I was honoured to share the stage w/ him.

   Also at this show were, Booker T & the MG's...they did killer versions of
"Time is Tight", "Green Onions" and "Hip-Hug-Her".

   After reading your post today (in Turkey) I mentioned at Dinner to Steve
Cropper and Eddie Floyd about the PBS show and they also were upset they
couldn't be in the states to watch....They then said "Rob, don't worry, WE
can tell you the whole story right now!,-) Needless to say it was a LONG
dinner with many drinks!!!!

Thanx again for the tip.
Best,
Rob Paparozzi