Re: [Harp-L] Seydel 1847 overblow-friendly

" if it ain't broken, don't fix it"
Well, I wouldn't have thought it was broke twenty years ago Fernando,
but now I do. Feels like I'm trying to go 'Cadillacin in a Model A'!
RD

On 7/30/07, Rick Dempster <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh yeah...so you make it really airtight first, then you make a hole
> let the air in more easily... uh, right! Sorry, but I'm going to have
> take a break from noodling with my harps or I'll go mad!
> RD

Well, it has to do with aerodynamics, which aren't always very
intuitive.
But you surely shouldn't try this on your best harp, specially if
you're not
comfortable with the idea. And always remember, if it ain't broken,
don't
fix it.

Cheers,
Fernando