[Harp-L] Richard Hunter with the Spinning Plates, Tuesday August 7, Stamford CT

Hi all,

This is a brief message to advise that I will perform 3 sets with the Spinning Plates, an ambient electronica group, at the Dragonfly Lounge in Stamford, CT on the night of Tuesday, August 7, beginning at 8 PM.

The Spinning Plates do set-long improvised electronica, and the band includes a video improviser as well. It's all about the vib (lush and ambient) and the groove (laid back). If you've ever wanted to hear what I do with all those effects pedals I write about, this is your chance. I'm as likely to be playing a flanged bass line or a fat phased pad with these guys as a lead. It will certainly be very different from what I do on a typical blues or rock gig.

There's no cover, but there is a one-drink minimum, as I recall. The address of the Dragonfly is:

488 Summer Street
Stamford, CT 06901
(203) 357-9800

See you there! Or if not, stay tuned for the mp3s--the SPs record all their performances. You can find them at:

http://WWW.SPINNINGPLATES.US

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
Latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter