Re: [Harp-L] re: DIY Amphenol mod to Green Bullet - Thanks!

I have done it before with just one of those 5/8" to 1/4" guitar cord
adaptors.

Unscrew the locking ring off the adaptor and discard it.

Drill a hole in the middle of the mic-stand threaded hole large enough so
that the center spot won't ground out.  Then solder a wire onto the center
spot of the connector / adaptor.  Feed the wire into the hole and into the
inside of the shell and then screw the adaptor into the threaded hole - it's
the same threads.

Then drill and tap a hole on the inside of the shell for a small screw.
Attach a solder lug onto the screw and screw it into the shell.  Actually, I
like to drill and tap a hole so that the screw becomes a set-screw securing
the threads of the adaptor. Attach the wire from the center of the adaptor
to the hot side of the cartridge and solder the ground wire to the set-screw
solder lug.

Anyway, by using the guitar-cord adaptor, I never have to worry about losing
it because it's permanently installed in the shell.  And I can just plug my
guitar cord in and play.

PEACE
Scott
Believe in Magic!