[Harp-L] Latin harmonica

As far as "Latin" harp per se I don't think there are a lot of recordings. I stood in with some blues people last night which included the NJ living Cuban born harp player Felix Cabrera (felixcabrera.com). You could go to his site and email him about the subject. He himself is very Butterfield toned along with a lots of third position and some simple jazzy stuff. Forgive my naivete but who cares about the tuning. I've played with a terrific NY-NJ guitarist (Joe Taino) in a number of situations. I'm always asking him to do his terrific latin stuff rather than his blues stuff when we play because there's a lot of fire in latin music and such fire galvanizes my modest talents. I play 2nd or 3rd position or both mixed up on standard tunings. I'm sure some of the musicians on harp- l will direct you to some of the latin-America u-tube videos. I'm familiar with a couple of them and they are really talented but pure blues. d
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues