Re: [Harp-L] latin harmonica

Cljdm@xxxxxxx escribiÃ:
Hey,
Charley Musselwhite's "Continental Drifter" had a couple of Latin tunes on it a couple of years back. He said in an interview that Latin music really moves him. I certainly
can agree with that. He played some nice stuff on his "Latin Harp". I do not know enough if he used special tunings though. I understand most of the Latin tunes were of Cuban influence. Which by the way, I would highly recommend anything by the Buena Vista Social Club. Especially anything with Cuban star Ibrahim Ferrer singing. Beauuuuutiful stuff by anyone's standards.
Best regards,
Chris Mastakas

Five tunes, in fact: 'Siboney', 'Sabroso', 'Que Te Parece, Cholita' 'Little Star' and 'Chan Chan' are latin-related tunes.

Great job in all of them by Charlie.