[Harp-L] Re: Horns Sounds Like Harp Sounds Like Horns

Re:

Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:40:19 +1000
From: "Rick Dempster" <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx>

SNIP
though I can think of no recorded examples of singinf
through the harp
to produce a growl.
SNIP

Don't know if he's recorded any of it, but Brendan
Power was playing around with this sort of thing in an
experimental piece he performed when I saw him in
Halifax a few months back.  The limitation of the
"singing" thing is that it can't, as far as I can
tell, be done on the draw notes - well, I suppose I
shouldn't say "can't" ...

Maybe Brendan will chime in on this ... ?

- thurg