Re: [Harp-L] 5th Position

Hi Steve,

I just checked my iPod/iTunes library for some songs
in
5th position; if possible, I try to put the song key
and harp key/position in the iTunes song comment
section,
making it easy to make smart playlists, and finding
certain
keys/harps).

You might have some of these songs in your music
collection,
since I know you like a wide variety of music genres
and styles.

Here's several songs to try...

Wailin Woods, Poor Wayfaring Stranger (CD: Wayfaring
Stranger), key of E minor (C harp in 5th position)

Wailin Woods, Mama Blues (CD: The Collection),
Starts in key of Db (A in 5th), then Key of E (A in
2nd)

Mike Stevens, Jerusalem Ridge (CD: The World Is Only
Air),
key of E minor (C harp in 5th position)

Madcat & the Cats, Jericho (CD: Live at the Ark),
Key of Dm (C Chromatic, then Bb in 5th, back to the
Chromatic)

Peter Madcat Ruth, Takin' My Time (CD: Madcat's
Harmonica & Ukulele Project),
Key of Am (F in 5th)

Dave Therault, The Deb (CD: Harp-L IV: The H Files),
Key of C (Ab in 5th)

Keep Foolin' with those Harps !

Ken H in OH

--- moandabluz@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I think it was our friend Warren Bee who talked
> about playing in fifth
> position a while back. Since I admire Mr. Bee's
> playing so much, I've
> been trying to figure it out a little, but I'm very
> positionally
> challenged. Anybody got any tips that might get me
> started?  Funny
> sometimes how just one little thing can help. Once
> at a Buckeye
> Festival, I was trying to understand third position
> and Chris Michalek
> told me to just start on 6 draw and go from there.
> Still now whenever I
> try to use third position, that pops in my head and
> it does work.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
> still an old fool for the harp in Minnesota

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222