[Harp-L] Bose PAS System info

The question was asked about a theatre using Bose on the main floor - would
the sound be inadequate for the balcony?

A Bose rep said the towers don't equally disperse the high  end frequencies
above 7 feet.

At close range, there is a loss of highest frequencies on down which  becomes
less noticeable at a distance, so the box seats near the stage would  hear
less accurate reproduction in highs as would those seated center  balcony.

One solution is to angle the towers upwards by sliding a thin wedge under
the front of the base.

The new model L-2 has advantages over the L-1. The advantages are wider
angles to the tweeters in the tower, dispersing the sound to a wider area  in
front, a lighter and more portable base unit and a direct powered plug-in for  the
additional mini mixer w/effects.

The L-1 input set up different than the L-2 and is more  versatile in going
for a group sound concept. It is also less expensive.

If I were to only buy and use 1 unit, I'd seriously consider an L-2.
However, in going with 2 units, I decided on the L-1.

At the Charlie McCoy Concert sound check, everything went through the 2
systems, including the steel pedal and guitar. Kick drum was mic'd and there  were
4 vocal mics on stage. It sounded like a CD. The steel pedal player decided
to use his amp for the show, as it had the effects he wanted for his sound.
The  concert sounded great - clarity without volume.

The Iceman